21/01/2019

Happiness is so easy (or am I just closing my eyes to all the ugliness of the world?)

In 2017, I chatted one on one in private with my celebrity crush who accepted my friend request. He told me in private he just broke up with his girlfriend. (Nobody is reading this so I shall confess a little secret here) I sent him screenshots of all the pictures I captioned using his lyrics and we even chatted using pseudo Javascript. 

How many fans get this kind of opportunity for a private consultation FOR FREE with their idols? If you wish to chat one on one you gotta pay a really hefty price for that? And even if you have the financial capabilities, you may or may not get chosen cos it's all based on whether your balloting gets through? So yes, with my wit (in self studying coding) and bravery (in plucking up the courage to initiate a chat) yes I got to talk to him online. 

In 2018, something out of the ordinary just came crashing down on me. Just as I thought life could not get any better, my fantasy continued well into 2018, this time with a real life version of my celebrity crush who appeared in the form of an online dating match. He just walked out of the screen, and hugged me in his arms. How soft and fluffy (: 

In 2017, I took on so many university students from private institutions. I thought it was a one off thing, like a rare bumper year. 

And in 2018, the influx of university students just skyrocketed. I had to pinch myself to remind that this is all real. Furthermore, I had students from NUS and SMU flocking to me. Not just Kaplan and RMIT you know. Proper tier one university courses. 

In 2018, one of my wildest fantasies came true. I REALLY started teaching CMFAS. I did not know there is a market for such papers until 2018 opened my eyes to one pleasant surprise after another. Not one, but TWO students. Yes, people want CMFAS tuition. 

In 2017, I visited Tokyo for the first time in my life. I experienced a magical winter in Disneyland. I went to Johor Bahru and stayed over for one night. 

In 2018, I visited Bangkok and got two really versatile dresses for my tuitions( suitable for the office too!) I visited Batam on a really last minute impromptu trip (the other girl who planned with me was an ESTP so the P stands for spontaneous rather than planned) I sat on an inflatable flamingo float for the first time. (And I took the ferry for the 3rd time in my life, haha!)

In 2017, I worked at a reputable tuition centre. For one class.

In 2018, I worked at a neighbourhood tuition centre but I took on so many classes. JC level. (2017 was secondary two only!) 

In 2017, my music collection was flooded with happy songs that brought me so much joy. TFBoys, come on you make me so happy every time! And also the songwriter behind TFBoys! 

In 2018, I got sucked into an amazing vortex of new songs and new experiences due to the real life version of my celebrity crush who just walked out of the screen. I dove headfirst into ancient civilisations (if you managed to find this page, congrats! yes! you and your fascination with civilisation and war!), the phantom of the opera, and all sorts of random trivia knowledge. In return, I actually told him only certain chinese translations of maths terms do make sense, like FACTORIAL.

In 2018, I caught the movie "more than blue" with university friends and much to my disappointment, I did not shed a single tear because I think I knew about the downright surprising plot twist all along. No, I did not read the spoilers, but it seems to me that someone wasnt aware that someone else knew all along and had been just playing along with it? Else why would she look so unnatural and act in such a way? She must have known it all along, hmmm?